Is it weird to?

Sorry, misleading title, boring subject.

Is it weird to vote for yourself? It seems weird to me, but my wife thinks it isn't strange at all, and that it would be weird not to vote for yourself.

Running for school board again, in an extremely rare contested race (four people/two spots, voters choose two). There's the current chair who I'd like to oust, the nice enough current member who I strongly disagree with on one major topic, and a kooky grandmother who I encouraged to run. Definitely voting for the last one, but I still have one more vote, could vote for myself, nice enough lady, or only cast one vote (I don't care if I win, but we need to knock one of the other current board members out to change who's in the majority on the board).

Comments

• I think you should vote for the candidates that you think will do the best job. I don't think it is weird at all to vote for yourself in this case.
    chrissieXYZPDQdr. tfunkinBigPuddin
  • The only people who don't vote for themselves are fictional characters running for school president and they always lose by one vote.
    chrissieloafyGarfieldXYZPDQdr. tfunkin
  • chrissiechrissie Waltham
    Vote for yourself.

Also what's that women's one major flaw?
  • In the end I did vote for myself.

We disagree about school district consolidation (which would mean the dissolution of the town school district, and could mean major changes to the makeup of the school). She is in favor, I'm against (the town is overwhelmingly against). There was a vote about voluntary consolidation 18 months ago, which the voters rejected. In all likelihood the state is going to force merger on us regardless, but there is a lawsuit in the trial court now (our town school board isn't a party to the lawsuit because there was a 3-2 board majority in favor of merger, but if the makeup changes we could join a likely appeal - seems doubtful the superior court judge is going to stick their neck out).

I was about to hit enter having said judging from the meeting I would expect the current chair won't be back, but I just got a message from a neighbor in town government. Apparently the current chair and I won. Not exactly the result I was hoping for, but, at least there'll be an anti-merger majority, for whatever that's worth (maybe nothing).

dr. tfunkinGarfield
  • chrissiechrissie Waltham
    Congrats!
  • loafyloafy Pleasury Secretary
    oh no Tim's gonna go mad with power
  • Bwaahaha!

I might even fulfill my lifelong goal of becoming a board clerk.
  • GarfieldGarfield ̿ ̿'̿'̵з=༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽=ε/̵/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿[} ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿^
    no that's @loafy's job
    XYZPDQloafytinydrdr. tfunkin