Why did I never make cannabutter until now?

Maybe it was that time I made myself sick on brownies.

Comments

• is that Irish
  • Post the recipe
  • ssg made "green olive oil" for me when I was going through chemo. It's pretty easy:

1. Put some olive oil in a small pan.
    2. Put some weed in the olive oil.
    3. Cook at low heat for a while, stirring occasionally.
    4. When the oil is nice and green, strain out the solids.

I would make instant mashed potatoes using this green oil instead of butter. I presume cannabutter is similar, but melt butter in the pan instead of using olive oil.
    chrissie
  • Best method I could find after reading through a few recipes:

1. Decarb(oxylate) your herb (in order to become psychoactive THCA needs to be converted into THC). Place ground material on parchment covered baking pan, bake in preheated 225F oven for 30-40 minutes.

2. While that's going, melt butter in water. I think the recipe said one cup of water to one cup of butter, but I don't know that it matters too much, just trying to keep the butter from burning. The recipe I used called for 7-10 grams of material for a cup of butter (2 sticks). Some recipes call for one ounce per pound of butter, clearly that's a fair amount more. I found 10 grams worked a-ok.

3. Once the butter is fully melted, pour in your decarbed herb, stir. Cover, let cook on very low heat, never exceeding 240F, for 3 to 4 hours. Personally I used a slow cooker I purchased for this purpose, on the low setting. Stir from time to time.

4. Once cook is over, pour liquid through cheese cloth into a vessel you'll cool the mixture in, I use glass. Be careful not to press the cheese cloth, you want to get the active ingredients out without transferring any of the other plant materials.

5. Place strained liquid in fridge for several hours, or overnight. Butter will float to the top and separate, leaving a nasty looking brown water below. Use an implement to pull the butter off the liquid. Dump liquid. Pat bottom of butter clean.

Keeps in the fridge for a week or up to a month in the freezer.
    loafychrissie